1. Technical Support Activity: TRAINING OF CHICKEN FARMERS at Biyinizika Poultry, Uganda
Date: Jan 2015 – Dec 2015
Overview of the Training of Chicken Farmers Support:
The support was for the training of chicken farmers in Uganda and Rwanda to educate them on biosecurity, methodologies to improve flock management, proper vaccination programs and common poultry diseases, their common symptoms and treatments
The objectives from the training were to achieve:
- Empowerment of farmers on knowledge of businesses and flock.
- Teach farmers on effective disease control measures with emphasis on prevention.
- Market the company’s day old chicks and feeds.
- H&N International, Germany
- Cobb International, South Africa
- Aviagen International
2. Technical Support Activity: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT at Biyinzika Poultry, Uganda
Date: Jan 2015 – June 2015
Overview of the Human Resource Management Support:
This support was to assist the company streamline the financial functions of the company, by reviewing and strengthening the performance of the business finance function.
The scope of the work included:
- Development of a Human Resources Management manual;
- Development of a Performance Management system;
- Development of a Reward Management policy; and
- Development of an Occupational Health & Safety policy.
Consultant: Deloitte, Uganda